C.S.I ST. LUKE’S COLLEGE OF NURSING – PHILOSOPHY
It is recognized that
the practice of Nursing has grown more complex to meet the health needs
of the community and this requires a higher level of Nursing education.
We believe that a
theoretical base provides the frame work for professional Nursing
practice and educational experiences must be provided in an environment
conducive to learning which helps students to define their role, develop
personal and professional values and clinical abilities.
We believe that practioners in clinical Nursing and allied professions have on important contribution to make to teaching and learning and
that collaboration of faculty members in St. Lukes college of Nursing
with the practioners in hospitals and primary health care sevices in
selecting and utilizing clinical content for instruction and experiences
is desirable and should be mutually fruitful.
We believe that the
educational programme should prepare each for their respective roles,
develop a critical thinking individual who help His / Her knowledge up
to date to meet the changing health needs of a society. It should also
develop in the individual the concept of continuing learning and education.
C.S.I ST. LUKE’S COLLEGE OF NURSING – OBJECTIVES
1. To Plan, develop, implement and evaluate educational programmes to meet the changing health needs of the society.
2. To integrate scientific, humanistic and Nursing concepts and theories in the teaching / Learing process.
3. To plan educational
experiences and provide an environment conducive to learning in order
to facilitate attainment of each learner’s maximum potential.
4. To provide and education, whereby the learner demonstrates concern for uniqueness and rights of each individual.
5. To work
collaboratively in a professional relationship with practioners in
clinical Nursing and allied professions on matter relevant to Nursing
6. To develop in the learner the need for continuing learning of education.
7. To provide opportunities for staff development for all personnel in the C.S.I St. Luke’s College of Nursing.
To prepare competent
Nurses to practice with good standard and efficient in the hospital and
community by means of an educational program.